This is brilliant and a healthy way for me to sort out all the gripping fears that have unfolded through some continued reflections this break.
- I fear that I will again find my summer internship unfulfilling…I fear that it will be yet another disappointing experience where I am unable to contribute uniquely, meaningfully, and consistently.
- I fear allowing busyness, avoidance, and neglect for self-reflection to cause my ability to articulate my own feelings atrophy.
- I fear allowing jealousy and/or passive aggressiveness to tarnish yet another friendship.
- I fear going into senior year with regrets.
- I fear caring a ton for certain people, then being deeply hurt by them and regretting the energy and time I extended towards them.
- I fear romantic loneliness.
- I fear becoming close with someone I later realize I shouldn’t have trusted.
- I fear losing out on an important post-grad opportunity because of a decision I consciously made (for example, my decision to not major in CS).
- I fear getting bad grades (lol gotta be honest!!)
- I feel becoming more complacent and doubtful of my faith.
- I fear losing unique & beautiful parts of myself to stress and pressure from those who don’t care deeply about me.
I’d also like to add something else, though!! Fears that I conquered in 2016/things that I’m proud of.
- Did my first technical interview and learned how to sell myself at an intimidating job fair.
- Made my own CS personal project!!
- Traveled to China and Taiwan
- Created a sound blog, food blog, and personal website (with links to my arrangements!)
- Went skydiving~
Will continue these lists as I think of more.